1. Deny the existence of God.
“The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” (Psalm 53:1)
2. Do things that bring sorrow to your mom.
“…a foolish son is a sorrow to his mother.” (Proverbs 10:1)
3. Despise wisdom and instruction.
“…fools despise wisdom and instruction.” (Proverbs 1:7)
4. Do what is right in your own eyes.
“The way of a fool is right in his own eyes…” (Proverbs 12:15)
5. Be opinionated without knowing what your talking about.
“A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.” (Proverbs 18:2)
6. Be short tempered.
“A man of quick temper acts foolishly…” (Proverbs 14:17)
7. Despise your mom.
“…a foolish man despises his mother.” (Proverbs 15:20)
8. Grieve your dad.
“A foolish son is a grief to his father…” (Proverbs 17:25)
9. Quarrel a lot.
“…every fool will be quarreling.” (Proverbs 20:3)
10. Trust in your own mind.
“Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool…” (Proverbs 28:26)
11. Exalt yourself and/or plan evil things.
“If you have been foolish, exalting yourself, or if you have been devising evil, put your hand on your mouth.” (Proverbs 30:32)
12. Don’t take advice.
“Better was a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who no longer knew how to take advice.” (Ecclesiastes 4:13)
13. Never shut-up but keep talking on and on and on ad nauseam. Ec. 10:14
“…fools talk on and on.” (Ecclesiastes 10:14, NRSV)
In short, if you don’t want to be a fool, trust God, be humble, pursue wisdom, watch your mouth, and honor your mom.
*All Scriptures English Standard Version except where otherwise noted.